It was on a family surfing trip quite a few years ago that three couples, including a doctor, a builder and a professional surfer, decided they could do sunscreen better than any other brand on the market. They were sick of that sticky after-sunscreen feeling, and wanted to create a product that not only felt good on the skin, but that they could feel good about – a product that was made in Australia and free of any nasty parabens and PABA’s. And so We Are Feel Good Inc. was born!
Today We Are Feel Good Inc.’s products include beautiful vitamin E and aloe vera enriched sunscreens, cocomilk moisturisers, face wipes, pawpaw nectar and more. We love them because they’re designed and made in Australia, and only Aussies can possibly understand the strength of the Kiwi sun and the level of protection we need year-round to stay safe. Their products not only protect the skin, but keep it nourished and hydrated, which is essential when out and about in the summer sun.
With summer finally here the sun is hotter than ever, and we’re excited to bring you some vital tips for skincare this season from Dr Scott McGregor, a skin cancer physician and co-founder of We Are Feel Good Inc.
1. Use a broad spectrum sunscreen every day, even when cloudy.
2. Apply your favourite We Are Feel Good Inc. sunscreen 20 minutes before going out and reapply every two hours or after swimming and excessive sweating.
3. Don’t forget about your lips!
4. Cover up. That means a wide-brimmed hat, sunnies and a lightweight, long-sleeved shirt (if you can stand the heat). We know it can be tough when the weather’s so good, but try to limit the amount of time you’re in the sun between 10am and 4pm, when the sun's rays are the most intense.
5. Stay mindful of exposure to direct sunlight. Take your beach umbrella with you or find some shade. While shade reduces UV radiation, those pesky rays can still reach you by reflecting off surfaces, so it’s best to combine shade with other forms of sun protection.
6. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of H2O. Water is essential to maintaining the skin’s moisture. It delivers vital nutrients to the skin cells, helping to nourish the skin tissue and assists in maintaining skin elasticity. You should aim to drink 2-3L per day and don’t wait until you’re thirsty. Carry a drink bottle with you and sip on it all day.
7. Exfoliate and moisturise! Before you rinse off, make sure you exfoliate all over to remove dead skin cells and moisturise right after. Clearing your skin first will improve hydration from moisturising. We Are Feel Good Inc.’s Coco Milk Moisturiser is enriched with Vitamin E and shea butter to keep your skin soft and silky, with the smell of a tropical holiday.
8. Keep your showers short (and cold). With warmer weather and more adventure time, many of us may be taking more showers than usual. Well, those hot showers after sun exposure are especially drying to your skin, so try a cold one. It’ll cool you off too!
9. Don’t itch your bug-bites! Soothe and repair with We Are Feel Good Inc.’s Pawpaw nectar, the perfect addition to your household medicine drawer.
10. Most importantly, have fun!
Team Crisp x